Hi,

I would like to find out if there is a way I could get the content of
server-config.wsdd programmatically.

I understand that server-config.wsdd is created when I call the Axis
AdminClient with the Axis servlet URL and a deploy.wsdd file.  The
server-config.wsdd file is generated into the publish directory of the
server.  This present a problem because in Eclipse WTP, the server publish
the content from the Eclipse workspace but the "live" publish directory
the server uses may or may not be in the workspace (it could be in some
temporary location or server specific location that the workspace content
is copied to).  This causes a problem because the server-config.wsdd that
contains information on what Web services are deployed could be lost when
the server republishes from the workspace (since that file is not in the
workspace but is in the "live" publish directory).   I need to find a way
to persist the server-config.wsdd in the Eclipse workspace so that the
information would not be lost in subsequent republish.

One way I was able to workaround the problem is copying the
server-config.wsdd file from the server's live publish directory back to
the workspace but it requires the servers to implement an API to return
the publish directory.  However, that means we need to ask all servers we
could generate Axis Web service on to support it.  This is not scalable or
easily achievable since that list of servers are growing constantly.

So, I would like to find out if there's a call I could make (or a
parameter I could specify in AdminClient) that would return the content of
server-config.wsdd file programmatically rather then just expect to find
it in the server's publish directory.  If this support is not there
currently, could it be easily implemented in the next release?

Regards,
Kathy Chan