Axis2 binary distribution comes together with a standalone simple
server, which you can use for testing purposes. The scripts
(axis2server.{sh|bat}) that can be used to start this server can be
found at the axis2Distro/bin folder...
Default startup of this uses the axis2Distro/repository as the
repository folder and the axis2Distor/conf/axis2.xml as the
axis2.xml...

Thilina
[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/installationguide.html#standalone