Hi everyone. I've got a little problem. I'll try to explain it the best I can. I got a POJO working with Axis, but it doesn't work quite right with Axis2.

I'm serving out a Web Service with Tomcat and Axis2 and my client is PHP. Everything worked find when I used Axis (1.4), but with Axis2, the return types aren't the same. The WSDL file in Axis2 says the return types are all complex, but with Axis1 they are simple. Simple types work with PHP, but PHP chokes on these complex types.

I'm guessing the problem is that PHP (http://php.net/soap) supports SOAP 1.1, 1.2, and WSDL 1.1, which Axis1 did too, but now Axis2 is using WSDL 2.0 by default. Does this sound right to anyone else?

If so, how can I get Axis2 to use WSDL 1.1 ? I've looked through the documentation, but I can't find anything. If anyone knows a specific place to look for the answer, I thank you.

I'm thinking this is a setting in server.xml with a messageReceiver, but I don't know what to set and I can't find this documented anywhere.

Thanks a lot everyone!

--
Tim Koop