*Ooops.. Seems like a issue with the site.. Please find the contents of that
article below..*

*Thanks,*

*Thilina
*

http://wso2.org/library/952
**

*Question:* Extraneous characters appear in the SOAP messages sent using
Axis2 making my non-Axis2 web service or web service client to fail.

*Answer:* These characters (see the example message traces given below)
appear due to HTTP Chunking, which is a feature introduced by HTTP
1.1specification to efficiently transfer large HTTP Messages without
buffering
the whole message in memory. HTTP Chunking transfers the message by breaking
it in to chunks. If you have a closer look at the message, you will be able
to notice a relationship between the extra numbers appearing and the message
size (or specifically with the size of the chunks). You can also notice the
HTTP header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" and the absence of the
content-length HTTP header. It is advised to use HTTP Chunking with Axis2
whenever possible, specially if you are dealing with large messages like
messages with attachments.

HTTP Chunking might not be supported by some (older) servers or clients
which do not support HTTP 1.1. Upon receiving of a "chunked" message, those
servers might fail giving an error while parsing the message. In order to
communicate with them you can disable the HTTP Chunking in Axis2 as follows.

   *Deployment time commenting out or removing the following in axis2.xml*
       <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>

   *Runtime using Axis2 client side options object*

options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.CHUNKED,
Boolean.FALSE);

Example chunked message snapshot 1:

POST /axis2/services/EchoXMLService/echoOMElement *HTTP/1.1*
Host: 127.0.0.1
*Transfer-Encoding: chunked*

*122*
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
  <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
     <soapenv:Body>
        <ns1:echoOM xmlns:ns1="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd";>
           <ns1:myValue>Isaac Asimov, The Foundation Trilogy</ns1:myValue>
        </ns1:echoOM>
     </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>*0*

Example chunked message snapshot 2:

POST /axis2/services/EchoXMLService/echoOMElement *HTTP/1.1*
Host: 127.0.0.1
*Transfer-Encoding: chunked*

*24e4*
--MIMEBoundary
content-type: application/xop+xml; charset=UTF-8; type="application/soap+xml"
content-transfer-encoding: binary
content-id: <0.urn:uuid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope.............................</soapenv:Envelope>
--MIMEBoundary
content-type: image/jpeg
content-transfer-encoding: binary
content-id: <1.urn:uuid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*2000*
*3a*

--MIMEBoundary--