Hi,
It seems to me that this may be an issue with the PHP client. Here is
what I gather from the information

1. The Axis1 WSDL has a rpc-encoded binding
2. The Axis2 WSDL has doc/lit bindings for both SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
3. The requests and responses (according to their WSDL's) seem to be
correct in both cases. From the looks of it even the response from
Axis2 server seems to agree with the schema that the WSDL refers to.

I have a feeling this could be the PHP client that fails to parse the
response (However the SOAP request has been formed correctly which
makes me doubt my conclusion). What kind of error are you seeing ?

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu