Hi all,

let me apologize in advance for asking a very simple question on this list:

I am using the Axis2 ServiceClient interface to do a blocking IN-OUT call to a Web Service:

<snip>
  ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();
  sender.setOptions(axis2Options);
  OMElement result = sender.sendReceive(axisOp);
  System.out.println(result);
</snip>

This will print a result of

<snip>

<getMyAddressResponse xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";>
  <getMyAddressReturn href="#id0" />
</getMyAddressResponse>

</snip>

. The obvious question now is: how do I get the actual response (the type with the id 'id0') from this OMElement?

What kind of surprises me is that an asynchronous call (using ServiceClient.sendReceiveNonBlocking(...) ) returns a full SOAP message as Axiom model, including the 'multiref' elements which contain the complex type responses. What is the reason for the blocking call behaving differently? The behavior of the non-blocking call seems a lot more natural to me ...

I am using Axis2 1.1.1 on the client side, and Axis1 (yes, the original Axis, not Axis2 1.0!) on the server side.

I would very much appreciate a little help or a documentation pointer on this issue (I would not call it a problem, since it is obviously just me not understanding how Axis2 works :-) )!

/philipp

--
Philipp Wolfgang Leitner, Bakk.rer.soc.oec.
0225511

"Data Mining is the art of torturing the Enterprise Data until it confesses ... but if you torture the data long enough it will confess to anything."