Yes, that was my suggestion, too. HttpClient could have a problem with socket
handling. But in the end, Axis2 is failing and HttpClient is the default
client.
What are your suggestions, because Axis2 is using HttpClient per default and I
think that this bug (or more exaclty HttpClient's bug) will affect Axis2
nevertheless.
Perhaps HttpClient could be configured to avoid this exception. If possible,
this should be done by Axis IMHO.

Could you confirm the problem at your machine?

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail