what do you mean with "turn my xml into DOM" ? The Document Object Model (if this the meaning of DOM that you are referring to, since there are a few different ones) is just one possibility to represent XML, and afaik not one used by Axis. I guess what you mean with "DOM" is actually Axiom.

If that's what you meant ... no, I don't think there's any way to make Axis2 not use Axiom.

/philipp

Paul Mahoney schrieb:
I have used wsdl2java to generate stubs for a web service that specifies
document style. Consequently the stubs want me to turn my xml into DOM and I
need to turn the returned DOM back to XML :-(

Is there anyway I can tell wsdl2javs to use message style as I want to work
with xml not DOM? Is does seem strange that the web service appears to be
dictating the client use DOM.