To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: why 3 different <wsdl:binding> tags present in WSDL file?

you don't "need" three different bindings, but these examples provide
bindings for the 3 most common WS bindings. 1 is the standard SOAP
binding, 2 is a SOAP 1.2 (hence the "12") binding, and three is a
REST-style binding.

/philipp

Vikas schrieb:
Hi Friends,

Axis2 provides some sample codes with "*axis2-1.1.1\samples*" directory.
When we deploy that web services, we can get wsdl files for all
services, but in that WSDL files <wsdl:binding> tag is not making sense.
Because in each WSDL file we are getting 3 <wsdl:binding> tags.

eg. "*version.aar*" web service

1) <wsdl:binding name="VersionSOAP11Binding"
type="axis2:VersionPortType">
        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http";
style="document"/>
    </wsdl:binding>

2) <wsdl:binding name="VersionSOAP12Binding"
type="axis2:VersionPortType">
        <soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http";
style="document"/>
    </wsdl:binding>

3) <wsdl:binding name="VersionHttpBinding" type="axis2:VersionPortType">
        <http:binding verb="POST"/>
    </wsdl:binding>

Here why do we required 3 different <wsdl:binding> tags. where in 1) &
2) there only name and *[<soap>*:*<soap12>*] difference present?

can some one give me more information on this bindings?

With best regards

From
Vikas R. Khengare