Sanjiva,

  I've tried similar thing and noticed a critical difference between Axis and
Axis2 generated clients.  I originally implement the web services with Axis
1.3, now looking to use Axis 2.

  My WSDLs are wrapped doc/literal in style, following WS-I profile for
interoperability with .Net.  My client is .net so ideally I don't want to
change the WSDLs.

  The problem I found is the Axis 1 and Axis2 generated clients are using
diffferent mechanism (required different EPRs) for invoking the services.  With
Axis1.3, the EPR is using the <wsdl:port> name, while Axis2 is using the
<wsdl:service> name.  If you named both with the same name, it works fine.  But
I happened to name the <service> different from the <port> name as many people
do so.

  I don't know what others think, but I consider interoperability is the most
important or driving feature web services provide.   It would be desriable if
the client won't be depending on how you implement the services. Why cannot we
use Axis 1.3 client to talk to Axis2 services or use Axis2 client to talk to
Axis1.3 services?  If no interoperability between Axis1 and Axis 2, how would
it work between Axis and .net?

  Thanks for your comments in advance.

  Shaoguang

Jenn Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you all for your replies.  I'll give it a try.

Jennifer