Hi all,

I just did a few experiements with an Axis2 service that I deployed. I am using the doc/wrapped style, and have an operation that looks something like this (in Java notation):

<snip>

public String concatSomeStuff(String param1, String param2, String param3, int param4);

</snip>

The operation will just concatenate the parameters and return them as String.

Now I discovered that a SOAP request like this

<concatSomeStuff>
<param3>14</param3>
<param2>Sperrgasse </param2>
<param0>Philipp Leitner </param0>
<param1>111</param1>
</concatSomeStuff>

bears a different result then a request like

<concatSomeStuff>
<param2>Sperrgasse </param2>
<param3>14</param3>
<param1>111</param1>
<param0>Philipp Leitner </param0>
</concatSomeStuff>

(note the different order of the parameters).

Meanwhile, the actual /name/ of the parameters does not seem to matter. A request like

<concatSomeStuff>
<a>Sperrgasse </a>
<b>14</b>
<c>111</c>
<d>Philipp Leitner </d>
</concatSomeStuff>

still works.

Is this really how Axis2 (or doc-style SOAP in general) is supposed to work? The order of the parameters is important, while the name is not important? For some reason I always figured it should be the other way 'round.

Can somebody shed some light on this issue?

/philipp

--
Philipp Wolfgang Leitner, Bakk.rer.soc.oec.
0225511

"They say a barking grad never writes."