Apologies for the delay in my response !

According to the scenario explained in the original post ... a web
service calls secured methods on the EJB. When the subject is
authenticated  into the web service by Rampart using the callback
handler provided by the user ... a java.security.Principal instance
will be available in the rampart processing results [1].

IMHO at this point if we want to call the secured method on the EJB,
the web service developer will have to set the Principal instance in a
context that the J2EE container uses to extract the authenticated
Principal.

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://www.wso2.org/library/169