aassif wrote:

> Now moving to the Server side implementation, I was expecting retrieving
> the result will be simple so I tried on the lines similar to Axis 1.X,
> below is the code listing:
>
> [znip code]

I don't know which is the preferred procedure for extracting authentication
data from incoming SOAP requests. I ended up acquiring the Principal object
(created by the servlet container upon a successful login since I let the
container handle the authentication) from the HTTP request. But then -
platform differences might come into play here. (As stated earlier, I use
OC4J 10.1.3.1.2.)

Here's an example of Principal extraction from the request:

    //
    :
    import java.security.Principal;
    import org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext;
    import org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants;
    :

    :
    // acquire the active MessageContext
    MessageContext mc = MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext();

    // acquire the active HTTP Request
    HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest)
mc.getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST);

    Principal principal = req.getUserPrincipal();
    if (principal == null) {
        System.out.println("HTTP Request held no principal - user is not
logged in.");
    } else {
        System.out.println("UserName: " + principal.getName());
    }
    //

Sincerely,

  Geir