Thanks for this info. It turns out that another copy of axis.jar (from
an older project) was in the /QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext directory, so
the classloading was all wonky, just as you describe.

Once I removed the axis.jar file from there, I was able to fire Axis up
in Tomcat on the i5. Runs like a champ.

Jon Brisbin
NPC International, Inc.

--