When you have a project that depends on the axis2 artifact and you do a mvn
deploy, all of the Axis2 JARs (e.g. axis2-adb, axis2-codegen, etc...) get
imported automatically into the WAR file as specified in my pom.xml, which
I'd expect to happen.

Why, though, do these JARs not get stored in my local repository like all
other depedendencies that are downloaded automatically? How can I make this
happen without specifying a direct dependency to each of Axis2's
dependencies in my project's pom.xml?

Also, I looked at the .pom of Axis2 1.2
(http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/axis2/axis2/1.2/axis2-1.2.pom)
and noticed that every module is given as a
<module>modules/artifactName</module>.

However, relative to the axis2 artifact where .pom is located, these other
artifacts are not located at that relative link. Shouldn't it be
<module>../../artifactName</module> instead to get the relative links to
resolve properly? (Also, there is no modules folder in this repository.)