One way you could do this is to just use Spring's api, or you could inject
it yourself as in:

Now for specific injection (unrelated to above) of SessionFactory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans>

    <bean id="<your name>" class="org.example.impl.HibernateExample">
        <property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactoryBean"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="sessionFactoryBean"
class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.annotation.AnnotationSessionFactor
yBean">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
        <property name="annotatedClasses">
            <list>
                <value>org.example.ExampleBean</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="hibernateProperties">
            <value>
                hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
                hibernate.show_sql=true
            </value>
        </property>
    </bean>

</beans>

Also a good article for Session injection:

http://unitils.sourceforge.net/spring_article.html

Also roll your own beans too:

 Let's say you wanted to inject the datasource. Create a util class using a
synchronized singleton and then add your method as private for the
appContext lookup (this can also be done for your own beans using a factory
method as well):

private final static DataSource getDataSource() {
                ApplicationContext ctx = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(WSConstants.APPLICATION_CONTEXT );
            DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.getBean("ds");

                return ds;
        }

Then add your public method:

   public ExampleDaoImpl getExampleDS() {
                ExampleDaoImpl dataSupport = new ExampleDaoImpl();
                dataSupport.setDataSource(getDataSource());
                return dataSupport;
        }

-----------------------

Now for injection of your own beans:

Create a bean xml and add this to it and place it in WEB-INF (later use ant
to place it in build directory and classes, because it will be referenced
from the classpath using a specialized method):

-------- start of xml ----------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans SYSTEM "http://@TLD_HOST_WEB_SERVER@/dtd/spring-beans.dtd";>
<beans>

<!-- The factory bean, which contains a method called create<..> -->
<bean id="<exampleBeanFactory>" class="com.<your
path>.services.core.ExampleBeanFactory"/>

<!-- The bean to be created via the factory bean -->
<bean id="SsoBO"
      factory-bean="exampleBeanFactory"
      factory-method="createExampleBO"/>

</beans>
---------- end of xml -------------

Now create two classes:

public interface AbstractBeanFactory {

        public ExampleBO createExampleBean();

}

public class ExampleBeanFactory implements AbstractBeanFactory {

    public ExampleBean createExampleBean(){
        return new ExampleBean();

         //--- utility method
           public  Object getBean(String bean) {
                  ClassPathResource res = new
ClassPathResource("beans.xml"); // lookup your bean
                  XmlBeanFactory factory = new XmlBeanFactory(res);
                  Object obj = factory.getBean(bean);

                  return obj;
          }

Then I can create the instance ( I used a service bean helper ), and call
the utility method in the init:

     private ServiceBeanHelper() {
                super();
                this.setSsoBO((SsoBO)utils.getBean(WSConstants.EXAMPLE_BEAN
));