Thanks for your reply. I believe I got a bit confused by a
callbackhandler that performs two totally different tasks.

I believe it would be a good idea to restructure some of the examples
in rampart to clarify this. In my opinion it would also be smart to
use maven2 for building the examples instead of ant. Using maven would
make it easier to understand the difference between client and server.
Would you be interested in a contribution of examples ported to
maven2?