I don't mind the sales pitch, just i was ideally looking for a lightweight
solution using axis2 as a transport for esb with the option of using and
passing on raw xml rather than binding and invoking.

I am planning to use mule, but i don't quite see what axis2/synapse/mule
would give me over and above axis2/mule apart from more config files and
more dependencies, yet neither have i looked into synapse much.

If there any doc or information or wiki page on using axis2/synapse/mule?
Is the book on using Synapse and Mule available yet?

I saw the RawXMLInOutMessageReceiver receiver, I can try this out.. i was
just wondering before going down that path it is was possible to configure
and start up an axis engine with null service implementation? In other web
services stacks the definition of service implementation is integral and not
optional which would be a problem for the approach i want to take.

thanks

On 5/8/07, Paul Fremantle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry I wasn't very clear!!!

> Take a look at the RawXMLInOutMessageReceiver.

This is an Axis2 MessageReceiver that can give you the body of the
message as an XML.

Paul

> But even if you are looking at using another ESB, it might still be
> useful to use Synapse.
>
> Here's my sales pitch:
>
> 1) Its really not that big. Its a 20Mb download but the core Synapse
> code is about 300k over and above Axis2.
> 2) You might end up using some of the features later.
> 3) We have tested our code a lot, so we're pretty sure that its going
> to work well in your case.
> 4) One of our committers is writing a book on using Synapse and Mule.
> So you wouldn't be alone in using Synapse as a way of adding really
> top rate XML and WS handling to your existing ESBs.
>
> Paul
>
> On 5/8/07, Daniel Feist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I will have a look at synapse...
> >
> > If i was starting from scratch it seems that would be the best option
but as
> > I am planning to integrate with an esb solution I am already use that
> > provide message routing, transformation etc. I think the best option
would
> > be to extend axis to achieve what I need rather than using synapse
which has
> > functionality that i already have in my esb.
> >
> > I need to use axis as a SOAP stack that receives SOAP messages,
processes
> > them using phases/pipelines and then spits out the xml message payload
> > rather than binding to java objects and invoking a service that has
been
> > configured.
> >
> > How would I go about doing this with axis2, using axis programaticaly
if
> > needed?
> >
> > - What the implementation of a custom Reciever allow me to output xml
rather
> > than bind and invoke?
> > - Is it possible to configure axis engine that works without
configuring a
> > server implementation?
> > - Can i specifiy wsdl instead of generating from service
interface/class (i
> > wouldn't have a service interface/class)
> > - Any others things I should take into account?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Dan
> >

> >  On 5/8/07, Paul Fremantle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >
> > > As Chathura also said, Synapse basically does what you want -
> > > out-of-the-box. We already have built and tested samples where we
do:

> > > XML/JMS->SOAP mapping
> > > and SOAP/WSRM->XML/JMS
> > >
> > > We have also done plain-text/JMS -> XML/SOAP.
> > >
> > > Synapse is simply configured using an XML config file. If you send
me
> > > an example message or two I can help you create the config to test
it.

> > > Paul

> > such
> > by
> > esb

> > (SOAP
where
> > it

> > looking

> > > --
> > > Paul Fremantle
> > > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> > >
> > > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > > "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform", www.wso2.com

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]