Martin,

Please ... Call me Eddie.  Edward is too formal :-)

>From which Axis src folder am I executing?
        - I'm not sure I'm clear what you mean here.
        - I run 'mvn clean compile' in the dir where
          my project's pom.xml is located.

Which Axis maven file am I executing?
        - I'm not sure I'm clear what you mean here.
        - Maven 2.0.4 / Axis 1.2 / Plugin v.1.2 also
        - MAVEN_HOME points to my Maven2 2.0.4 install.
        - AXIS2_HOME points to my Axis2 1.2 install.

Which target/goals am I specifying?
        - mvn clean compile
        - axis2-aar-maven-plugin is configured for
          compile phase
        - aar file is created
        - aar file contents seem fine
        - aar file name does not reflect classifier.
                - Currently artifact-version.aar
                - SHOULD be artifact-classifier-version.aar

Have I customized maven.xml or pom.xml from src distro?
        - Maven2 installation was done via binary.
        - No customizations beyond having mirrors in my
          settings.xml for our local repositories.

Eddie Bush
Software Analyst
Clinical Reference Laboratory
bushe at crlcorp dot com