I believe I found the bug in the
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils class.  The following "if"
condition lacks a set of parentheses:

            if ((msgContext.getEnvelope() == null) && soapVersion !=
VERSION_SOAP11) {
                msgContext.setEnvelope(new
SOAP12Factory().getDefaultEnvelope());
            }

There needs to be a set of parenteses around the 2nd condition (soapVersion !=
VERSION_SOAP11) condition.
The soapVersion variable had a value of 1 in this case so the condition should
*NOT* have been satisfied.  The operation within the "if" statement caused the
exception.

Should a JIRA be raised for this?

Thanks,
T.

Jack Sprat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I have a web application to which I added
Axis 1.2.  The Java class stubs were generated using he WSDL2Java tool using
XMLBeans data binding.
 Everything appears to be configured right since the methods in the skeleton
class are being invoked correctly.
 The echo method works fine.  However, when I try another operation I always
get a NullPointerException thrown from the doPost method of the
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet class.  The error says only:

 May 8, 2007 1:40:01 PM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet doPost
 SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException

 I can't seem to find any more info. than that.  Tracing the code in the
Eclipse WTP I see the call go through the skeleton class and then return to the
MessageReceiverInOut class.  Stepping into that class yields no errors.
 The code then steps into the AbstractInOutSynchMessageReceiver and that is
where the error occurs.  That class is in the  axis2-kernel-1.2.jar file.

 Can anyone *please* point me in the right direction?

 Thanks.
 T.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.