have you put elementFormDefault="qualified" in your schma?

On 5/10/07, Stephane Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

The XSD schema used by my WSDL defines the following types:

   <xsd:complexType name="typeA">
     <xsd:sequence>

       <xsd:element name="typeB">
         <xsd:simpleType>
           <xsd:restriction base="xsd:positiveInteger">
             <xsd:minExclusive value="01"/>
             <xsd:maxInclusive value="99"/>
           </xsd:restriction>
         </xsd:simpleType>
       </xsd:element>

     </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

In short, typeA uses typeB, typeB being defined within typeA.

I generated the code for the server in adb mode with the command

$AXIS2_HOME/bin/wsdl2java.sh -uri myService.wsdl -p my.package -o
/tmp/my/dir/server -d adb -s -wv 1.1 -ss -sd

Then in /tmp/my/dir/server/src, I have a java file for typeB, for which
the package name is not set ('package ;'). As a result, the java code
cannot be compiled.

I have this problem with Axis2.1.1.1 and with the latest release
(Axis2.1.2).

However, if I change my XSD schema, to have something like this:

   <xsd:simpleType name="typeB">
     <xsd:restriction base="xsd:positiveInteger">
       <xsd:minExclusive value="01"/>
       <xsd:maxInclusive value="99"/>
     </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>

   <xsd:complexType name="typeA">
     <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:element name="elementB" type="typeB">
       </xsd:element>
     </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

In short, typeB is now defined at the top-level in the XSD schema and
typeA defines elementB which uses a reference to typeB.

Now, the code generation in adb mode works fine and the java files
compile.

I would like to know if someone had this kind of problem before.
Is this behavior a known issue or a limitation of Axis2.1.x ?

Thanks in advance.

Stephane Roy
Alcatel-Lucent