From: Glen Mazza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:29 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modularization of Axis applications?

Comments below.

Am Mittwoch, den 16.05.2007, 00:59 -0500 schrieb Rich Adili:
> Hi,
>

> I've built my core web services library around Axis 2 using JDK1.4,
> from which two deployment questions have arisen.
>
>      1. My development environment references quite a few jars. How do
>         I determine the minimum jar set?

If you use Ant for your compilation/builds, you specify the precise
classpath (JAR's needed) when building your app.  If you are missing any
JARs, compilation errors will occur.  You can keep pulling out JARs and
testing their use by recompiling the application each time.

This will not work, however, for JARs needed by the JARs that you
include in your classpath.  After doing the above, you'll need to test
the application and check for ClassNotFoundExceptions, and then add in
the needed JARs accordingly.

>      1. I would now like to build applications around my library.
>         These should be coded using JDK6 since they are new designs.

That doesn't necessarily follow, no more than you should automatically
upgrade your computer operating system as soon as a newer version
appears.

>      1. How does one avoid conflicts with the support jars my library
>         needs?

There is no guarantee that every JAR will work with JDK6.  If JDK6 is
coded correctly, however, it should be able to use most or all of the
older JARs you need without difficulty.  You'll have to do a lot of
testing to make sure everything works, and if not, then go to each
specific mailing list of each product that fails to see if solutions are
available.

Glen