From: Michele Mazzucco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:38 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to get information at startup of tomcat

Rui,

what about the ServiceContext?
In your service add these two methods (they will be invoked via
reflection)

public void init(ServiceContext serviceContext) {
        // put your initialization code here
}

public void destroy(ServiceContext serviceContext) {
        // this code will be executed when the service is unloaded }

The ServiceContext has a Map where you can store your stuff
(getProperties(), getProperty(), setProperty()) If you want to access
your data when you process client requests:

public OMElement foo(OMElement el) {
        ServiceContext sCtx = MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext
().getServiceContext();
        // read/write/update your stuff

        //process the request
}