I'm having problems creating a simple REST service that takes an argument, using a POJO.

The service works fine if the method does not take any parameters. If it does take a parameter, then I get the message:

        Required element null defined in the schema can not be found in the
request

when I try to access it from a browser.

I'm using axis2 v1.1.1

My service class is dirt simple:

package org.genecruiser.service;

public class VariationService {
        public String geneid(String id) {

                return "hello world: " + id;

My services.xml is simple as well:

<service name="variation" scope="application">
        <description>
                Returns variations given a feature as input.
        </description>
        <messageReceivers>
<messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"; class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver"/> <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"; class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
        </messageReceivers>
        <parameter name="ServiceTCCL">composite</parameter>
        <parameter name="ServiceClass">
                org.genecruiser.service.VariationService
        </parameter>
</service>

If I remove the id argument from the geneid() method, then pointing my browser to this url works fine:

http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/variation/geneid

With the id argument in place, I point my browser to this url:

http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/variation/geneid?id=foo

and get the error message:

Required element null defined in the schema can not be found in the request

Any ideas?

--
Jared Nedzel
Cancer Genomics Informatics