I think it's legit. "anyType" in this context means "arbitrary XML can
appear here".  It's not AXIOM-specific.

Rich

________________________________

From: LuCa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:31 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: OMElement wsdl mapping

Can anyone explain me, why when generating a wsdl from a java code
(java2wsdl),
Axis map the object type OMElement to "anytype" at the wsdl?

Example:
        The method at the service java class source:

                 public abstract OMElement getModelSolved(OMElement
documentElement,String filename);

        The wsdl type generated:
         < xs:element name = "getModelSolved" >
                 < xs:complexType >
                          < xs:sequence >
                                   < xs:element name = "param0" nillable
= "true" type = "xs:anyType" />
                                   < xs:element name = "param1" nillable
= "true" type = "xs:string" />
                          </ xs:sequence >
                 </ xs:complexType >
         </ xs:element >

It does not look like "ideal" for the concept of webService:
One, when making a client, may not use Axis, so, how would he knows that
"anytype"  is about an Axiom type???

Thanks in advance,
Luciana