Ok one last one to put closure to this and inform the list -
I can easily use the addParameter of the HttpClient class
to SOAPAction="" and that solved the problem. Now I am getting
the correct SOAP response to my requests. In other words, if you
are to build an http client to pass SOAP messages to an Axis engine
don't forget to add necessary http header information into the POST ;)

Thanks to all for the responses and help.

Demetris G wrote:

Hi all,

I modified the RequestEntity from File to StringRequestEntity and I inserted the SOAP content in it and it seems to be calling the engine now - I am getting the following fault back but at least I know it works - so the FileRequestEntity was reversing the slashes:

===> POST response status code: 500
===> POST response body:

- Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<soapenv:Body>
 <soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/";>ns1:Client.NoSOAPAction</faultcode>
  <faultstring>no SOAPAction header!</faultstring>
  <detail>
<ns2:hostname xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/";>demetris-note</ns2:hostname>
  </detail>
 </soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>

It seems to be complainig about not having a SOAPAction header - but the original Axis SOAP message did not
have an action header anyway. Any ideas why it is requesting now?

Thanks again

Martin Gainty wrote:
Jeff/Demetris

should'nt the URI have a double //  and not single /
to quote the definition
"A hierarchical URI is either an absolute URI whose scheme-specific part begins with a slash character, or a relative URI, that is, a URI that does not specify a scheme. Some examples of hierarchical URIs are: "
 http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/

change ALL
http:/

http://

and redeploy

Keep me apprised..
Martin
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message is addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walker, Jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>