From: Anne Thomas Manes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2007 1:12:32 PM
Subject: Re: Axis2 1.2 sanity check: Can generated POJO service/client handle
0-length array?

I have to disagree with you -- at least if your goal is
interoperability. XML is the external interface to your service, and
it's a useful practice to maintain a clean separation of concern
between your interface and your implementation. I trust you recognize
the value of clean separation between your application object model
and a database data model and the DAO design pattern. The same
benefits exist when maintaining the separation between your externally
facing XML model and your internal object model.

There is an impedance mismatch between XML data structures and Java
object models, just as there is an impedance mismatch between SQL data
models and Java object models. In many cases the mismatch is
insignificant, but it's a bad idea to assume that it doesn't exist.

I agree that Axis2 could handle POJO deployment better, but even if it
were the best that it could be, I seriously doubt that it could handle
everything automatically.

Anne