Hi,
I have to admit that we had some problems with relative imports in
some *previous* releases. However the absolute URL's case always
worked.
So here are somethings you can try

1. Try using the latest release. Since it seems to work without a
problem for us its worth to try in your setting.

2. Please check whether you have any network restrictions, perhaps the
personal firewall ? Best thing is to see whether you can access the
URL by some other means, may be the browser. However this is not a
fool proof method since personal firewalls are likely to have
exceptions for programs such as the browser.

3. If non of this work a somewhat dirty solution would be to inline
the schemas in the WSDL.

Ajith