To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:20 PM
Subject: Help with sending client side certificates

Hello there!

I am working with a new company and attempting to submit data to them
via a secured web service.  I used WSDLtoJava to generate a Java client
in Axis2.  The web service will not only be encrypted via SSL/TLS, but
will also require me as a client to submit a certificate to them.  I see
references on the web that I need only set my system parameters for
trustStore and keyStore, which I've done.
I believe the Truststore portion is working because I do actually get a
200 response which states "Authorization Failure: accessNotAllowed".
However, I cannot seem to make the keyStore take effect.  When I turn on
debugging via "javax.net.debug", there doesn't appear to be a difference
when I specify a keystore versus when I don't.  I tried using
Wireshark/Ethereal on it, and again, no difference with or without
setting the keyStore.

Here's the code, which I placed in the constructor for the generated
stub.   I have printed out the keyStore environment variable before and
after the message is executed, and it appears to be fine.  I also have
tried keytool -list with the path I provided for the keystore and the
results were as expected.

           System.setProperty(
"java.protocol.handler.pkgs", "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
           Security.addProvider( new
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider() );

           System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",
path);

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",  changeit);
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore",
path);

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword",  changeit);
           System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStoreType",
"jks");

           System.setProperty("javax.net.debug", "all");

I've been working on this for 2 days now, so if anyone can offer some
help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jennifer Ford