From: r1c4r60 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 3:48 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: WSDL2Java for HTTPS

Hi,

"Certificates for IP addresses will not work

Quite simply, issuing and using certificates that authenticate IP
addresses
rather than host names will not work. Don't do it. For anything larger
than
a trivial installation, your CAS server and its clients need real
hostnames
and certificates that authenticate those hostnames (for proxy ticket
functionality). In particular, if you get an error like ("unable to find
valid certification path to requested target") in the CAS server log, it
means that the SSL callback was specified in terms of an IP address
rather
than a hostname."

Quoted from: http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/server/ssl/index.html

Does this seem to be your case?

Regards,
Ricardo

Mark Babcock-3 wrote:

> [...]
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Un
> known Source)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Un
> known Source)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Sou
> rce)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Sou
> rce)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unkn
> own Source)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.j
> ava:369)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.j
> ava:420)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate
> (SymbolTable.java:482)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Pars
> er.java:361)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> [axis-wsdl2java] Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
> PKIX path
>  building failed:
> sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: un
> able to find valid certification path to requested target
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXVali
> dator.java:285)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(P
> KIXValidator.java:191)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.j
> ava:218)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.val
> idate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:126)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.che
> ckServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:209)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.che
> ckServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:249)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverC
> ertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:954)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        ... 23 more
> [axis-wsdl2java] Caused by:
> sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderExc
> eption: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.eng
> ineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:174)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuil
> der.java:238)
> [axis-wsdl2java]        at
> sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXVali

Installation
> page:
>
> http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html#ClasspathSetup
>
> ----
> Or just follow the instruction below:
>
> Add these lines to your build.xml and it should start working.
>
> <property name="axis.home" value="C:\axis-1_4" /> <!--The value should
> be
> your AXIS home directory-->
>
> <path id="axis.classpath">
> <fileset dir="${axis.home}/lib">
> <include name="**/*.jar" />
> </fileset>
> </path>
>
> <taskdef resource="axis-tasks.properties"
classpathref="axis.classpath"

https://foo.com/bar?wsdl)