Hi,

I have a SAAJ client [ written using the saaj 1.3 api , package
javax.xml.soap ] to send a soap message to a webservice.

I run this client from within an Apache Synapse environment - which I
believe has axis2-{version}.jar in its 'classpath'. I placed
saaj-api.jarahead of the
axis2.jar in the pom.xml's dependency. Also the axis2.xml conf file has
<module ref="addressing"> uncommented.

When I run the client I get the following : -

org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to engage a module
which is not available : addressing; nested e
xception is:
       org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing
javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to engage a module
which is not av
ailable : addressing; nested exception is:
       org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing
      at org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPConnectionImpl.call(
SOAPConnectionImpl.java:109)

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Trying to engage
a module which is not available : addressin
g; nested exception is:
       org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing
       at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadFromClassPath(
DeploymentEngine.java:129)
       at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.FileSystemConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(
FileSystemConfigurator.java:118)
       at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext
(ConfigurationContextFactory.j
ava:61)
       at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem
(ConfigurationCo
ntextFactory.java:180)
       at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.initializeTransports(
ServiceClient.java:189)
       at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.configureServiceClient(
ServiceClient.java:118)
       at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.<init>(ServiceClient.java
:114)
       at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.<init>(ServiceClient.java
:207)
       at org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPConnectionImpl.call(
SOAPConnectionImpl.java:106)
       ... 15 more

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Trying to engage a module which is
not available : addressing
       at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisConfiguration.engageModule(
AxisConfiguration.java:356)
       at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.engageModules(
DeploymentEngine.java:664)
       at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadFromClassPath(
DeploymentEngine.java:125)

When I run the SAAJ client standalone-as in- outside of the Synapse
environment it works fine.
Can anyone help ?

Many Thanks.
e\.