Microsoft implements support for attachments in the Web Services
Extensions (WSE) framework, which extends ASMX, and in WCF. WSE
supports WS-Attachments using DIME. WCF supports MTOM. Neither
supports SOAP with Attachments (SwA) using MIME.

Axis supports both WS-Attachments and SwA. No extension is required.
Axis2 supports MTOM.

Anne