I'm not a windows user, but you do have the netstat command that can
help you track your occupied ports. On linux it'd be 'netstat -ancp |
grep 5001' .

You can engage the module in either services.xml or axis2.xml - but
not both. engaging in axis2.xml make the module available for all
services, whereas alternatively engaging in the services,xml makes to
module available to just that service.

If all else fails, you could use tcpmon as an alternative.

HTH,
Robert