On 8/3/07, Lahiru Sandakith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi DelGurth,
>
> As you say the webservice changed then the wsdl also should be different, so
> IMO there is no option other than regenerating the client using wsdl2java
> tool (via Eclipse), because its an interface level change.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lahiru Sandakith

Hi Lahiru,

Thanks for your quick response. It indeed seems that the only
resolution is to regenerate the client. I guess I shouldn't generate
stubs for the client if I want my application to be able to handle
WSDL changes automatically (with the assumption that all changes are
backwards compatible).

Btw, resolving nullpointer exceptions in the client code (for example
if an extended get method, to arrange sorting of data, is not written
null save) is pretty darn hard. You don't get the original nullpointer
exception, only the message that during the population a nullpointer
exception occurred. Not sure where I should address that (is 1.x still
under development?)

Regards,
Wessel van Norel