Hi Axis2 developers and users!

There has been a bunch of discussion lately revolving around the question of JDK1.4 compatibility. It has been suggested that Axis2 move to JDK 1.5, in order to gain the benefits of things like generics, built-in concurrency (no backport lib), and annotations. Some folks feel that there are enough people out there still in a 1.4 environment that we should hold off, and others think we should bite the bullet and move to 1.5.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO PROVIDE VALUABLE INPUT!

Are you using, or planning to use, Axis2 in an environment that is locked to JDK 1.4? If so, please let us know by responding to this thread and telling us (if you can) about the particulars of what's tying you to 1.4 - is it your app server? Company policy? Something else?

We'd really like to take good care of our users, and doing that involves figuring out whether we can jump into 1.5-land or if we need to keep things working with 1.4.

Thanks,
--Glen