Hello everybody,

I've deployed a simple web service that uses the log4j library for the logging. I want everything from this service written into a single logfile. My service .aar has the following structure:

--service.aar
----log4j.properties
----de.evision..... (class files are here)
----lib
------log4j.jar
------(other libs)

The Service works fine, but no log output is written.
My log4j properties file looks like:

# log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, file
log4j.logger.de.evision=DEBUG, file
log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.file.file=/tmp/mylogfile.log
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L - %m%n

I've tried several file locations, using the exact same log4j configuration works for a servlet running inside the tomcat container which also holds axis2.
I've tried it with and without the rootLogger set to Debug/file..

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
Jochen Rieß