I am trying to do some basic exception handling with axis 2 (Using a POJO for
my service).  It looks accomplishing this even in the most basic case
introduces circular dependencies.

Is there a clear build pattern that will avoid this?
Must I hand code my wsdl before I start?
What do people do to avoid this?

For example:
public class MyService {
     public boolean myOperation(String param) throws MyException;
}

All I want to do is generate a test client that has some code like this (as in
the fault handling sample):

  try {
    MyServiceStub.MyOperation request = new MyServiceStub.MyOperation();
    request.setParam("13");
    stub.myOperation()
   }
   catch (MyException exception) {
     // hande my exception
   }

This does not work as I get an AxisFault instead of MyException

I've looked at the samples/faulthandling example.
Why must the MyException class be autogenerated?
Is it strictly required that the service throws the autogenerated MyException?

I want a nice clean feed forward build process::

  MyService.java -> [javac] -> MyService.class ->
          [java2wsdl] -> MyServiceMyService.wsdl ->
          [wsdl2java] -> MyClientStub.java

However, in order to compile MyService.java I need to the exception defined,
compile my classes, and then
generate my wsdl.  I can certainly define a temporary MyException, but it must
be deleted after the service is built, (as in the faulthandling example) or I
will get duplicate classes.

I'm sure there is a simple way to do this.

 Thanks
   - Justin