Hi,

If you mean you are having a web service which provides files on request,
let's say, requested by reference number, best thing to do is to have
another operation in the web service. So that after client gets the payload
and, let's say client has processed or saved it successfully, it will call
that operation, saying 'got the payload okay for this reference number.'
Otherwise even though the file is transferred successfully, there could be
an exception on the client side and the file is lost from both sides.

Upul