Hi Charitha,

I did try those methods but me being new to webservices and java as well
messed up the whole thing..
Right now m tryin to build a simple client which doesnt use stubs -

the client code is -

package samples.userguide.example1;

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;

import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
import java.lang.*;

public class Calculator
{
       try {
           String endpoint =
                    "http://localhost:8080/axis/Calculator";;

           Integer i1 = new Integer(2);
           Integer i2 = new Integer(3);

           Service  service = new Service();
           Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();

           call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
           call.setOperationName("add");
           call.addParameter( "in0",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_INT,
javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN );
           call.addParameter( "in1",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_INT,
javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN );
           call.setReturnType( org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_INT );
           // Call to addParameter/setReturnType as described in
user-guide.html
           //call.addParameter("testParam",
           //                  org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
           //                  javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
           //call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);

           Integer ret = (Integer) call.invoke( new Object[] { i1, i2 } );

           System.out.println("Result:" + ret);
       } catch (Exception e) {
           System.err.println(e.toString());
           e.printStackTrace();

m getting error - Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Calculator

m not able to resolve this!!