To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: axis2 1.3 - MTOM sample: OutOfMemory

Michele Rossi wrote:

Hi!
I've build the sample ws-app named mtom (from axis2 distribution, version 1.3), obtaining the sample-mtom.aar archive; I've deployed it on tomcat 6, and run the client app using the ant target run.client, specifing file source and destination; file size is about 6MB; I've change the parameter in axis2.xml to enable attachments caching:

<parameter name="enableMTOM" looked="false">true</parameter>

<parameter name="enableSwA">true</parameter>

<parameter name="cacheAttachments" looked="false">true</parameter>

<parameter name="attachmentDIR" looked="false">c:/tmp/</parameter>

<parameter name="sizeThreshold" looked="false">4000</parameter>

But we I run the run.client target I get the exception, on the server side:

java.lang.OutOfMemory: Java Heap Space

I'm using the source code contained in the binary distribution... is this a bug?

Mike

Mike,
Can you please increase the time out(serviceStub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(10000000);) in the sample client(..\axis2-1.3\samples\mtom\src\sample\mtom\client.java) and try again?

regards
Charitha

--
Charitha Kankanamge
WSO2 inc.

A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected