On 9/18/07, Demetris G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So hold on a sec - Amila, are you saying that Axis2 is not considered a
> stable and reliable enough
> standalone web service container

Axis2 is not a  web service container.  Axis2 is a soap and REST message
processor which supports WS*.  Axis2 is a stable product. Basically it
concentrates on Soap and REST  message processing.

and it should always be deployed within
> other proven
> containers (i.e. Tomcat etc.)?

Yes this is the recommended way.  if you want an standalone server you can
use
WSAS (http://wso2.com/products/wsas/) which uses  the axis2 and embedded
tomcat server.

Is this the case only for Axis2 or also