One of the better SOAP vs Rest 1 page comparisons..

http://www.devx.com/DevX/Article/8155

M-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ganesan, Chandru" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:59 PM
Subject: SOAP vs REST request

Hi

I'm newbie to Axis, so pardon my rudimentary question?

What factors should I consider before choosing between  REST vs SOAP
request processing in Axis 2.0?
In case of SOAP I'd use axis2/services URI path in the WSDL soap port
(AxisServlet)
In case of REST I'd use axis2/rest URI path in the WSDL soap port
(AxisRESTServlet)

If you could also provide some basic info on the difference between REST
and AXIS request processing, it w'd be very helpful

thanks
Chandru Ganesan
HP Select Identity
972.497.2403 (Work)