Hi VF
> Hi all,
> I would like to ask u, how can i utilize database connection in my web
> service. I have one web service with more methods in it. Id like to create
> database connection just once and not with each call (each operation works
> with the same database connection) Is it enough to create this service with
> application scope?

Well if you deploy the service in application scope and inside the
following method you can have the DB initialization code and store the
DB properties in ServiceContext.

public void init(ServiceContext sc){
   //Db handling code goes here
}

Or there is some other way of doing that. In that way you do not need to
worry about the scope of the service , you can create the DB once and
store in AxisService or in ConfigurationContext and access it inside
your method call. To do that you need to have an implementation of
"ServiceLifeCycle" interface and you can include that in your
services.xml as follows. In the above impl write your code to start the
DB inside the startUp and DB closing steps in side the shutDown method.

<service class="org.sample.MyServiceLifeCycleImpl">

</service>

Thanks
Deepal
> It looks like this:
>
> Available services
> stkdds
>
> Service Description : stkdds
> Service Status : Active
> Available Operations
>
>     * getFinishedOrderBin
>     * getOrderInfo
>     * updateOrder
>     * getUserInfo
>     * cancelOrder
>     * updateUser
>     * testOperation
>     * getOrdersOverview
>     * getAllAccountsInfo
>     * getFinishedOrder
>     * getAccountInfo
>     * newOrder
>

> And my code for database connection smth like this:
>
> public Connection setConnection() throws Exception {
>
>       if(conn != null){
>               return conn;
>         }
>
>             Class.forName("org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver");
>               conn = DriverManager.getConnection (p_connect_string,
> sqlProps);
>             return conn;
>

>  Thanks Vladi

Deepal