it seems this error happens when processing the request. reason seems to be
that reqeust send to and invalide soap end point and it sends back an html
page instead of valide soap message.

On 10/22/07, Kimberly Nicholls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I am having trouble creating a SOAP message from a generated client when
> the message includes attachments -- the client throws "
> org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPProcessingException: First Element must contain
> the local name, Envelope , but found html."

this means you have got an html page. have you set the end point correctly
in the stub?

I am using axis2 1.3, and I can make requests to other methods (without
> attachments) in the same service with no problems.
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> - set enableMTOM to true in axis2.xml
> - created method in my POJO service: public long createAttachment(long
> messageID, DataHandler attData)
> - generated client stub via wsdl2java
> - added these lines to client stub:
>         _serviceClient.getOptions().setProperty(
>                 Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_MTOM, Constants.VALUE_TRUE
> );
>          _serviceClient.getOptions().setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(10000);
> - created client that runs the method like this:
>             DataHandler attData = new DataHandler(new
> FileDataSource(filename));
>             long attachmentID = stub.createAttachment(messageID, attData);
>
> When I run the client, I get
>
> [INFO] OMException in getSOAPBuilder
> org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPProcessingException: First Element must contain
> the local name, Envelope , but found html
>         at
> org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.constructNode(
> StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:219)
>         at
> org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.createOMElement(
> StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:177)
>         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(
> StAXOMBuilder.java:163)
>         at
> org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.getSOAPEnvelope(
> StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:161)
>         at org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.<init>(
> StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:110)
>         at org.apache.axis2.builder.BuilderUtil.getSOAPBuilder(
> BuilderUtil.java:609)
>         at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createDocumentElement
> (TransportUtils.java:178)
>         at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(
> TransportUtils.java:111)
>         at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(
> TransportUtils.java:87)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(
> OutInAxisOperation.java:326)

here the exception Occurs in handling the response not when sending .

        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.