From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 5:23 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Referring to Creating Web Services with Apache Axis -- 5/22/2002

which version xerces are you running ?

M--

----- Original Message -----
From: Teresa  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Canales
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 4:18 PM

I was going through your article written in 2002 on Apache Axis.  Since then
Axis2 has come out.  I am new to Axis2 and Web Services.  I was trying to
follow the steps you wrote for Axis2.  I was going through step 2 -- Java2WSDL:
Generate WSDL File For the Given Fibonacci Interface.  I ran the following for
Axis2.

C:\Documents and
Settings\tcanales\workspace\Fibonacci\bin>%AXIS2_HOME%\bin\Java
2WSDL -o "fib.wsdl" -l " http://localhost:8080/axis/services/fibonacci"; -tn
"urn:
fibonacci" -tp "fibonacci" -cn "fibonacci.Fibonacci"

It created the attached wsdl.

Then I tried to run the third step 3 -- WSDL2Java: Generate the Server-side
Wrapper Code and Stubs For Easy client Access.

I ran it with C:\Documents and
Settings\tcanales\workspace\Fibonacci\bin>%AXIS2_HOME%\bin\WSDL
2Java -o . -p "fibonacci.ws" -uri "fib.wsdl"

I get the following error:

Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\Teresa\Downloads\Axis\axis2-1.3
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_13
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException
: Error parsing WSDL
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR:
Pars
er SAX Error: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=
file:///C:/Documents%20
and%20Settings/tcanales/workspace/Fibonacci/bin/fib.wsdl Line=1: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(
CodeGenerationEngine.java:292)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:105)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=
file:///C:/Documents%20and
%20Settings/tcanales/workspace/Fibonacci/bin/fib.wsdl Line=1: Content is not
all
owed in prolog.
        at
org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils$ParserErrorHandler.fatalError(XMLUtils
.java:390)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown
Source)

        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDispatcher.dispat
ch(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Un
known Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:205)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:250)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:233)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(
CodeGenerationEngine.java:285)
        ... 3 more

I think I have to run Java2WSDL with different options and that may be the
reason for the problem in WSDL2Java.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong??
If I need to email someone else please let me know.

Thanks,
Teresa Canales
<<Fibonacci.wsdl>>

  _____