Hi John,

Yes both SOAP and REST request are handled by the same endpoint and there is
no /soap/ or /rest/ in the request URL now.

Yes REST services don't require a SOAP envelop and you can send the request
via GET , POST, PUT or DELETE.

The easiest way to test REST is to go to
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/version/getVersion on the browser. This
will send a GET to the version service which would respond using a POX
response.

If you want true REST behaviour where you can send parameters in the path
segment or as customized query parameters you shpu;d have a look at
WSDL 2.0HTTPBinding. If you deploy a service using WSDL
2.0 Axis2 can handle request as described in your WSDL.

for eg. Axis2 default URL to get the version of the version service would be
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/version/getVersion but if you deployed
this service via a WSDL 2.0 you can alter the request URL to suite your
needs.

If you need more help please let me know. I'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks,
Keith.

--
Keith Chapman