What version of axis2 are you using - try upgrading to 1.3 if you are
not running that already - you may be running into what may be an old
bug. soapenc:Array is not supported by axis2 AFAIK - I'm surprised
wsdl2java ran without any errors even on xmlbeans. There's some talk
of supporting soapenc in the next release, but I'm not sure what the
state of that is. IIRC xmlbeans is 2.3 is now what's in svn or perhaps
easier a nightly build.

HTH,
Robert