I have deployed soapmonitor into my axis1.3 installation to test my axis2 and
.NET websvc interaction issues. I followed all config steps as mentioned in the
soapmonitor doc (one slight difference - deployed in webroot in an exploded
format, so that soapmonitor is access as http://localhost:8080/SOAPMonitor).

When I invoke the SOAPMonitor using this URL, I get the exception
"java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file".
I researched and saw following probably causes:
-          due to problem unzipping the classes from jar at runtime
-          due to inability to access classes from WEB-INF
To remedy this I tried moving jar elsewhere (away from WEB-INF) to adding the
applet source to my Eclipse - nothing worked.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for this?

Full java console log is as follows:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_12
Using JRE version 1.5.0_12 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\vpantvai
network: Loading user-defined proxy configuration ...
network: Done.
network: Loading proxy configuration from Internet Explorer ...
network: Done.
network: Loading direct proxy configuration ...
network: Done.
network: Proxy Configuration: No proxy
basic: Cache is disabled by user
basic: Plugin modality.register
basic: Registered modality listener
liveconnect: Invoking JS method: document
liveconnect: Invoking JS method: URL
basic: Referencing classloader: [EMAIL PROTECTED], refcount=1
basic: Added progress listener: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
basic: Loading applet ...
basic: Initializing applet ...
basic: Starting applet ...
basic: Referencing classloader: [EMAIL PROTECTED], refcount=2
basic: Releasing classloader: [EMAIL PROTECTED], refcount=1
network: Connecting http://localhost:8080/SOAPMonitorApplet.class with
proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://localhost:8080/SOAPMonitorApplet.class with cookie
"JSESSIONID=1FAF54A700367497E0792833D0A411FC"
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file
            at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
            at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
            at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
            at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)