Hello alltogether,

I am having a special problem.

I am trying to send SOAP requests through an HTTP Proxy. For this purpose I set
the "http.proxyHost" and "http.proxyPort" systemvariables by
System.setProperty(). This basically works very fine.

Now my application (SOAP-Client) has to switch between using a proxy for
sending SOAP requests to a server on the internet and sending the same data to
a server in the intranet. In the latter case no proxy is used.

The problem is, that the Axis-Call-Class caches the data somewhere, so that
always the first settings are used, so a switch is not possible.

This has been documented and mentioned by other users before:

http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=113698996700314&w=2

See solution seems to be here:

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisProxy

There it sais:

[QUOTE]
If you need the ability to reset proxy settings during runtime, i.e. without
stopping/starting the JVM (e.g. after the proxy settings dialog of your
application was edited and confirmed by a user), it is sufficient to add a
public static method to TransportClientPropertiesFactory, that is just clearing
its TransportClientProperties-cache. If it is possible to override the default
TransportClientPropertiesFactory, by providing your custom factory

-Dorg.apache.axis.components.net.TransportClientPropertiesFactory=your.package.YourTCPropsFactory
this would be the preferable approach.
[/QUOTE]

To my somehow dull mind this means that I write a class MyTCPropsFactory.
Register a System variable with key
"org.apache.axis.components.net.TransportClientPropertiesFactory" where the
value is MyTCPropsFactory.
My factory has a static method called whatever (? say: clearCache()).

Now the question:

1. What exactly has to be done in the public static method
2. How does Axis know which method to call and when is it called?

After hours of googling I could not find any concrete example of code where it
is shown how to clear the cache.
I could not see another way than asking the apache-list directly.

Any help would highly be appreciated.

Yours desperately,
Udo Butschinek

Udo Butschinek, M.A.