Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
I just implemented and commit the initial implementation of the
dynamic phase support

:(

I mentioned that I was working on this, didn't I? [1] It's always unfortunate when there's duplicated work. If I'd known you were planning to work on it, one of us could have saved some time or we could have worked together to spec it out.

I'll review your implementation, Deepal, but I think I want a little more functionality. For instance, there may be multiple before/after phases - if my phase needs to be before phase2 AND before phase3, I want to be able to specify something like:

<phase name="MyNewPhase" before="phase2,phase3" flow="in,out"/>

Also, my implementation so far handles resolving constraints even after a module has been deployed, so if one module has the above phase declaration and there isn't a "phase2" yet, when the next module gets deployed and defines "phase2", it will try to put it after "MyNewPhase" (if it can't that's an error of course). This means that some orderings for module deployment might not work, but we can grow the (currently very simple) logic into a more complex total-ordering system if we need to.

I'll get my stuff checked in ASAP, but if you're planning to do more work in this area, please let me know beforehand?

Thanks,
--Glen

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--AXIS2--Adding-security-phase-to-OutFaultFlow-p14420050.html